Financial Sustainability


Each Rocketship school reaches financial sustainability at full enrollment. Each region reaches sustainability when it scales to five to eight schools. Our Bay Area region is already financially sustainable, meaning that our existing schools and the regional team supporting them can operate solely on public funds.


We are on track to achieve organization-wide financial sustainability by 2020.

Statement of Financial Position

Thank You to Our Supporters


Rocketship couldn’t do this work without the partnership, support and expertise of our authorizers.


City of Milwaukee

District of Columbia Public Charter School Board

Franklin McKinley School District

Metro Nashville Public Schools

Redwood City School District

Santa Clara County Office of Education


Rocketship Board of Directors

Thank you to our board for their expertise and dedication. We are proud that all board members support our schools both strategically and financially.


Fred Ferrer | Chair

Alan Crites | Treasurer

Arra Yerganian | Secretary

Alex Hernandez

Alex Terman

Deborah McGriff

Greg Stanger

Joey Sloter

Louis Jordan

Mary Herald

Ralph Weber

Raymond Raven


Wisconsin Board of Directors


Ralph Weber | Chair

Denisha Tate

Garrett Bucks

Robert Montemayor

Tim Sheehy


DC Board of Directors


Joey Sloter | Chair

Barry Rosenthal

Jean-Claude Brizard

June Nwabara

Justin Bakewell

Michael Spencer


2014-15 Major Donors


Thank you to our donors for their generous support, which allows us to continue innovating across our network and growing to provide high-quality schools for more Rocketeers across the country.




Arthur & Toni Rembe Rock

Charter School Growth Fund



Reed Hastings & Patty Quillin

Tipping Point Community



Charles & Helen Schwab Foundation

CityBridge Foundation

John & Susan Carver

John & Catherine Debs

Ludwig Family Foundation

Stanley & Jolene Sloter Family Foundation

Tommy & Julie Frist




BMO Harris Bank

M&I Foundation

Perkins Malo Hunter Foundation




Argosy Foundation

Arzbaecher Family Foundation


Greg & Lisa Stanger

Herzfeld Foundation

John & Linda Mellowes

Jon & Ann Hammes

Louis & Lynda LL Jordan

Wilson Family Foundation




Rocketship is a nonprofit with the mission of eliminating the achievement gap in our lifetime. In 2014-15,

93% of our funding came from public sources as we continue on a path towards financial sustainability.

School-based expenses accounted for 84% of our spending, while the other 16% was spent on central school supports.